The director general said that American Government had shown concern in fighting the scourge through President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
He, however, added that the efforts of PEPFAR would not had made impact without direct involvement of the awardees.
He congratulated the awardees on their various sacrifices toward reducing the spread of the condition in the country, describing them as “heroes.”
The NACA boss urged them to continue to engage in strategic partnership that would further reduce the spread to zero level.
Aliyu said that NACA and its “heroes” would continue to work harder to reach about 1.9 million Nigerians living with the virus, as well as reduce future infections.
They included Late Prof. Babatunde Osotimehin, Prof. John Idoko, Dr Sani Aliyu, Grace Toni, Mr Victor Olaore Omoshehin, Ms Tobore Ovuorie, Dr William Blattner and Ukam Reginald Assumpta.
Some others were Dr Patrick Matemilola, Mrs Lucy Enyia, Alban Anonyuo, MWO Musa Emmanuel (rtd), Maj.-Gen. Ogbonnaya Njoku (rtd); Maj.-Gen. Umar (rtd); Maj.-Gen. Life Ajemba (rtd); and Brig.-Gen. Nurudeen Hussain (rtd).
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business