U.S. urges Russia to end support for Venezuela’s Maduro
Maduro has brought nothing but misery to the Venezuelan people.
“We hope that Russia’s support for Maduro will end,’’ U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said at a news conference alongside Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in the Russian city of Sochi.
“We want every country that’s interfering in Venezuela to cease doing that. We want Venezuela to get their democracy back.
“We need free and fair elections there, not interfered in by any other country,’’ Pompeo said in televised comments.
Lavrov responded by saying that “threats by the U.S. administration’’ against the Venezuelan leadership have nothing to do with democracy.
- ExxonMobil Nigeria gets new chief executive
- Cleric tasks religious leaders on establishing youth skills centres
- Banditry: NASS lauds army operations in North West
- Cricket: 150 participants expected at beginners course for umpires, scorers
- Nasarawa bye-election: Voters use face masks, observe social distancing, laud process
- Enugu govt urges proper exclusive breastfeeding habit
- Lawyer advocates attitudinal change toward local products
- Youths protest incessant killings in southern Kaduna
- Hit and run driver kills man in Ibadan — OYRTMA boss
- Lebanese vent rage against their leaders after blast; protesters gather