Mary Samuel (right) and Tambrapa Gripka
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that on UCI website, Samuel, 18, is on 540.00 points.
Samuel is an emerging athlete that came to limelight during the 2018 National Sports Festival in Abuja.
Samuel won four silver medals in the junior category of the Time Trial, Individual Time Trial, Sprint and Point Race events at the African Track Continental Cycling Championship in South Africa.
The championship held at the Sax Young Cycling Track at Alexandra Park in the Pietermaritzburg area of KwaZulu-Natal region, held from Jan.16 to Jan. 20.
Samuel’s performance at the African Track Continental Cycling Championship placed her on fifth position on the UCI ranking.
South Africa De Waal Andrea is placed first on the UCI ranking while Propster Alessa-Catriona of Germany is ranked second and Seremak Nikola of Poland, third.
May Heather of Australia is placed fourth on the current ranking table.
Watch Live News
- LASEMA calls for integrity test, as building collapses in Lagos
- NNPC to hands off refineries after rehabilitation –Kyari
- Buratai visits troops’ locations in NE
- Greece cracks down on domestic travel, steps up police enforcement
- COVID-19: Gov. Yahaya lauds Gombe youths for producing ventilator
- UN chief defends WHO after criticism from Trump, says probe possible
- COVID-19: DisCos support move to give 2 months free electricity to consumers
- COVID-19: NCDC pledges further technical assistance to Enugu
- Serbian president’s son hospitalised after catching coronavirus
- Real Madrid players agree to 10 to 20 percent wage cut