Mary Samuel (right) and Tambrapa Gripka
Abuja, April 29, 2019 A Nigerian cyclist,Mary Samuel, on Wednesday ranked fifth in Women Junior Time Trial by the United Cycling International (UCI).
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that on UCI website, Samuel, 18, is on 540.00 points.
Samuel is an emerging athlete that came to limelight during the 2018 National Sports Festival in Abuja.
Samuel won four silver medals in the junior category of the Time Trial, Individual Time Trial, Sprint and Point Race events at the African Track Continental Cycling Championship in South Africa.
The championship held at the Sax Young Cycling Track at Alexandra Park in the Pietermaritzburg area of KwaZulu-Natal region, held from Jan.16 to Jan. 20.
Samuel’s performance at the African Track Continental Cycling Championship placed her on fifth position on the UCI ranking.
South Africa De Waal Andrea is placed first on the UCI ranking while Propster Alessa-Catriona of Germany is ranked second and Seremak Nikola of Poland, third.
May Heather of Australia is placed fourth on the current ranking table.
Team Nigeria to Africa Track Cycling Championship
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study