Another 176 COVID-19 patients have died in Britain as of Tuesday afternoon, bringing the total coronavirus-related death toll in the country to 43,906, the British Department of Health and Social Care said Wednesday.
The figures include deaths in all settings, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community.
As of Wednesday morning, 313,483 people have tested positive for the disease in Britain, a daily increase of 829, according to the department.
As of Wednesday morning, there have been 9,662,051 tests of the novel coronavirus in the country, with 226,398 tests on Tuesday, said the department.
- Few students turn up as schools resume in Edo
- WAEC: Kano Govt to deploy more teachers for revision in schools
- FRSC impounds 3 articulated vehicles as ” Operation Scorpion II” begins in Oyo
- New daily virus cases fall below 30 as church-linked infections again loom larger
- Coy pump oil from stranded freighter in Mauritius
- Netanyahu’s Likud party gives unity government ‘last chance’
- Iran warns foreign powers against interference after Lebanon blast
- French, Nigerien soldiers hunt for gunmen who killed aid workers
- Coronavirus: Namibia’s dairy industry fighting for survival
- Environmentalist calls for adoption of eco-friendly products to curb plastic pollution