UK markets watchdog says Wirecard restrictions to stay for now
Britain’s Financial Conduct Authority on Monday said its restrictions on collapsed German payments company Wirecard will remain until its concerns have been satisfied.
The FCA has forced firms in Britain using Wirecard to freeze their accounts, trapping customer money.
“We cannot lift the restrictions without reassuring ourselves that the firm has been able to satisfy all our concerns for example that all clients’ money is safe.
“We hope to be able to issue an update soon,” the FCA said in a statement.
Edited By: Abiodun Oluleye/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi