Iran on Saturday vowed retaliatory measures if Europe were to give in to the United States pressures for extending a UN arms embargo on Iran, Tasnim news agency reported.
“We have warned the European countries that if they give in to the political and diplomatic pressures from the United States, Iran has effective measures in response,’’ Abbas Mousavi, spokesman of the foreign ministry, told Tasnim.
According to Mousavi, Washington wants to portray Tehran as a threat to security in the region when the United States forces are the real threat to regional peace, stability and security.
The United States has recently pressed the UN Security Council for the extension of the UN arms embargo on Iran that will expire in October.
Edited By: Abiodun Oluleye/Emmanuel Yashim (NAN)
- Barca’s Pique calls for wholesale changes after “shameful” defeat
- INEC seeks stakeholders collaboration in instituting electoral transparency
- Bayern Munich must stay grounded in spite of Barca demolition, coach says
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria