United Nations rights boss Michelle Bachelet called on China on Thursday to provide `unfettered access for an advance team’ to prepare her proposed visit.
She said it should include a probe into the situation of the Uighur minority.
UN experts and activists say at least 1 million ethnic Uighurs and other Muslims are held in detention centres in Xinjiang.
China describes them as training centres helping to stamp out terrorism and extremism and give people new skills.
Edited By: Hadiza Mohammed
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- Kaduna lockdown: Traditional leader urges citizens to be law abiding.
- Akure explosion: Federal lawmaker commiserates with victims
- COVID-19: Abia govt. orders closure of land borders
- Covid 19: 2 Islamic clerics arrested for conducting congregational in Kaduna
- Cancer patients, worse hit by COVID-19- Medical Mission
- COVID-19: Plateau speaker decries low compliance with preventive measures
- Coronavirus : Federal lawmaker donates 2 months’ salary to constituents
- COVID-19: Presidency refutes report on N30,000 relief package
- Unilag soars at Africa Inter-university Machine Learning Competition
- COVID-19: Group in Gombe commends Gov. Yahaya’s proactive measures