The Vice Chancellor, University of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman AbdulKareem, has commiserated with Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq and the people of Kwara over the death of his Chief of Staff, Adisa Logun, on Tuesday.
This was contained in a statement issued by the institution’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr Kunle Akogun on Wednesday.
The vice chancellor said that the death of the foremost public servant and eminent industrialist was most unexpected and shocking to him and the entire members of the university community.
AbdulKareem described Logun as a meticulous public officer, dedicated professional and a special breed of technocrat, who recorded remarkable accomplishments in various spheres of his career, spanning many decades.
He stated that Logun was not only a distinguished professional colleague but also an abiding friend of the university.
The vice chancellor noted that the death of the elder statesman at this point-in-time was most unexpected.
According to him, by his death, the state has lost a great citizen, true public servant, a fascinating patriot and firm believer in its destined greatness.
AbdulKareem recalled his several interactions with the deceased, especially since the formation of the present Kwara government, which, he said, were targeted at building and sustaining synergy between the university and the state government.
He added that Logun was a man who gave his all to the service of the people of the state, even as a septuagenarian.
The vice-chancellor condoled with the Emir of Ilorin and Chairman, Kwara State Council of Emirs and Obas, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, and the people of Ilorin emirate over the loss of one of their most distinguished sons.
He also sympathised with the family members, friends and colleagues of the deceased, especially the leadership and members of the Nigerian Society of Engineers on the death of a foremost Engineer, saying that his absence would be felt by all.
AbdulKareem prayed Allah to forgive Logun’s shortcomings and grant his soul eternal felicity, even as he also prayed God to grant the state government, his wife and children as well as other family members the fortitude to bear the loss.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma and (NAN)
- Foundation gets N23m United States-based Hospital’s equipment for Plateau
- Belgrade-based Nigerian basketballer dies after collapsing during training
- Al-Qaeda penetration alert: FG appeals to developed nations on needed platforms
- Nasarawa by-election: Police command deploys 491 personnel
- Lagos: Health Service Commission staff bags 2019 excellent Award
- Mrs El-Rufai canvasses public support for exclusive breastfeeding
- Making strong, safe LPG cylinders locally, my greatest joy, says industrialist
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- U.N. agencies scramble to support Beirut blast victims
- FCT court convicts Naira Marley for violation of Covid-19 protocol