Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, in partnership with MamaMoni empowerment foundation, on Wednesday unveiled its innovation hub for low income women and girls to boost women empowerment, talent development and financial inclusion.
Mrs Ogochukwu Ekezie-Ekaidem, Head of Corporate Communications and Marketing, Union Bank, announced this in a statement issued in Lagos.
The initiative, she said, was part of the bank’s commitment to a dedicated corporate social responsibility aimed at boosting women empowerment, especially those from urban slum communities.
Ekezie-Ekaidem lauded the efforts of the MamaMoni team at improving the outcomes of women in under-served communities through micro loans and empowerment schemes.
It is anticipated that each year, over 400 under-privileged beneficiaries will receive training in vocational skills such as hairdressing, make up, fashion design, mobile farming and furniture making.
Other courses to be offered at the hub include financial literacy, coding and personal branding.
NAN also reports that in 2016, Nkem Okocha, founder, MamaMoni foundation emerged a winner in the LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme (SIP), sponsored by Union Bank.
Okocha received a grant of one million Naira to expand MamaMoni operations.
Since then, the foundation has impacted over 6,000 women by providing them with micro-loans and basic vocational and financial literacy skills.
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism