The Department of Religious and Cultural Studies, University of Port Harcourt, Choba, says an Executive Business School programme to balance spirituality and business principles for ministers will be introduced.
The Acting Head of Department, Dr Ngozi Iheanacho, disclosed this while giving his address of welcome at a conference on Pentecostalism and African Pastorate Profile by the department on Tuesday at the university.
Iheanacho said that the 2019 conference, Serie 1 was in honour of Port Harcourt-based Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere, General Overseer of Omega Power Ministries (OPM), for his contribution to humanity.
He said that the project was in tandem with an aspect of the department’s knowledge thrust and quest for research and documentation.
According to Iheanacho, the project was aimed at promoting Town-and-Gown relations, community service and good working relations between the academia and industry players, cognate to their discipline.
“There is a global scholarship trend on the exploration of contemporary African Christianity, pastorate and nascent pentecostalism; and our design in this project is skewed in Pentecostal Christian Ethnography.
“We want to make UNIPORT and our department in particular, a major stop point for data on outstanding African Apostolates.
“We don’t want to wait for foreign scholars to write and, be the resource persons and custodians of the account of our own distinguished men of God,” he said.
Iheanacho saidd that pentecostal ministry and phenomenon flourished potently and loomed large in the society and individual cravings.
He said that it therefore, became plausible to honour and celebrate outstanding key players in the industry.
“From our pre-conference study, we identified the ministerial thrust and strength of Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere to lie on social gospel.
“It is against this backdrop that the department resolved to honour him with an award of Ministerial Excellence, as “Crusader of Social Gospel’,” Iheanacho said.
He said that the citation on the clergy undercored the department’s resolution.
“Many of the conference papers will discuss the details and nexus between Apostle Chinyere’s humanitarian activities and the social foundations of Jesus’ Ministry,” Iheanacho said.
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections