Washington, July 9, 2020 (Reuters/NAN) The United States has not yet finalised a decision on how it will respond to France’s digital tax, United States Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in an interview on Thursday.
“Ambassador Lighthizer and I have discussed it and we’ll be reviewing it with the president. No decision has been made yet,” Mnuchin said.
Washington had been in talks with the European Union over the taxes on digital giants like Alphabet’s Google, Amazon and Facebook, but Mnuchin called for a break in the negotiations in June. (Reuters/NAN)
Edited By: Isaac Aregbesola (NAN)
- 2 men docked over alleged threat to life
- NRC generated N3bn from services in 2019 -MD
- We are set to rebrand The Polytechnic, Ibadan–Council chair
- Foundation gets N23m United States-based Hospital’s equipment for Plateau
- Belgrade-based Nigerian basketballer dies after collapsing during training
- Al-Qaeda penetration alert: FG appeals to developed nations on needed platforms
- Nasarawa by-election: Police command deploys 491 personnel
- Lagos: Health Service Commission staff bags 2019 excellent Award
- Mrs El-Rufai canvasses public support for exclusive breastfeeding
- Making strong, safe LPG cylinders locally, my greatest joy, says industrialist