President Donald Trump will appoint Richard Grenell, the United States’ ambassador to Germany, as Washington’s Special Envoy for peace negotiations between Serbia and Kosovo, the White House said on Thursday.
Grenell is to serve in both roles concurrently, according to a statement.
The diplomat was recently in talks for a possible position in the Trump administration in Washington, according to U.S. media reports.
He was even thought to be considered briefly for the role of national security advisor left vacant by John Bolton. (NAN)
Edited by Halima Sheji/Abdulfatah Babatunde
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria
- UNDP, EU want strong legislation to end rape, violence against women
- Buhari sympathises with Lebanon over massive explosions
- Post-COVID-19: Feed miller urges youths to embrace agribusiness for sustainability to embrace agribusiness for sustainability
- COVID-19: United States lifts global travel advisory