Hope-Care Foundation, a US based Non Governmental Organisation, will embark on a two-day free medi-care in general medicine to residents of Enugu and beyond.
The foundation says it will carry out the exercise through its subsidiaries, Hopecare Medical Center, Enugu from May 15 to May 16.
The Chief Executive Officer of the foundation, Dr. Samuel Ngwu announced this on Tuesday in Enugu during the inauguration of the state-of-the-art medical facility in the state capital.
Ngwu, who is the founder and chief medical consultant of the facility, said that the free medical scheme would herald the official opening of the hospital.
He said that the exercise would include the diagnosis and treatment of all types of illnesses affecting the most vulnerable in the society including the poor, elderly and infants.
The American trained doctor and specialist in traumatic care, said that the hospital was established in the state with a view to complementing what the government was doing in the sector.
“Hopecare Foundation came into being because of the many health challenges in Africa, especially my home country, which like many other third world countries has an under-developed health system.
“Our agenda is to complement what the state government is doing in providing health care support and succor to the people.
“Our main focus is on the education of the people on various health issues and will continue to partner with government at all levels to organise training for the people,” he said.
The former commissioner for health in the state said that the hospital would be involved in evidence based medicine with focus on primary health care.
He said that the facility had a collaborative agreement with some Indian based hospitals which would serve as referral centres in some cases.
“We are here to bring efficient healthcare system to our people,” Ngwu said.
In a good will message, the Chairman of Enugu Chapter of the Nigeria Medical Association, (NMA), Dr. I. Okwesili, said that the poor state of medical facilities in the country had necessitated such investments.
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS
- Christmas Carol: Naval officers,NOWA pray for Nigeria, leadership, Armed Forces
- Anambra Sports Development Commission tasks public on regular exercise
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- Gov. Abiodun appoints Chokor Head of Service
- NTIC students donate Christmas gifts to sick children at LASUTH
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law