NAN also reports that Nigeria Army defeated Niger Brass 3-1 on Friday.
The Army lost the first set 20-25, won the second 25-12, deuced the third set 26-24 before they finished the game with a 25-21 scoreline.
Sunshine Spikers of Ondo defeated Dynamics of Anambra in three straight sets.
The Spikers won the first set 25-20, the second 25-15 before a difficult 25-21 result in the final set.
In other matches, Offa Volleyball Club defeated Nigeria Prisons 3-1.
The Kwara-based side won the first set 25-19 and the second 25-23 but lost the third set 22-25.
They, however, bounced back in the fourth set to finish the game at 25-19.
ABM of Katsina showed class over Imo in a 3-0 victory.
Imo was battered in its second match of the day 25-13, 25-17, 25-20.
The head coach of Sunshine Spikers, Adeniyi Adekalu, said his team will give Nigeria Army a good fight on Saturday.
Adekalu said Sunshine Spikers will eventually return to the Premier League where they belong.
“The Nigeria Army cannot stop my boys when we meet on the court.
“I have studied their game, we will give it to them the way they bring the game.
“This team has been together since 2008 and has gone for championships in Mali, Togo, Egypt and Tunisia.
“There is no special team at the Nigeria Volleyball Premier League because we played Customs in Port Harcourt last year and beat them 3-1.
(Edited by Mufutau Ojo)
- Woman prays court to grant her custody of 2-yr son
- Court remands labourer for allegedly defiling neighbour’s daughter
- NYSC SAED will prepare you for the challenges of unemployment, Okpongete charges corps members
- 14 political parties to participate in Adamawa local council election
- NASA tracks swarm of asteroids zooming toward earth at breakneck speed
- Cleric urges Nigerians to pray for leaders irrespective of differences
- Kogi guber: Attack on SDP secretariat a threat to democracy – Ondo SDP
- EU lawyer: Jailed Catalan leader should have EU parliament immunity
- Asylum seekers cannot lose shelter, food as punishment – EU court
- Kaduna Govt., CS-SUNN train committee on effective nutrition coordination
- Bayelsa poll: Court disqualifies APC deputy governorship candidate over false information
- World Pneumonia Day: Nigeria contributes highest number of child pneumonia globally – UNICEF
- Britain’s opposition Labour Party reports sophisticated cyber attack
- Adegboyega varsity to establish agro-solar power project -VC
- Security: Gov. Matawalle urges repentant bandits to sustain peace
- Thai police arrest 4 suspects over murder of Karen activist
- Amaechi, Peterside mourn death of Prof Tam David-West
- Kano Assembly urges government to construct access road in Kiru LGA
- Most states not implementing Contributory Pension Scheme — PENCOM report
- Russian PM endorses production of ebola vaccine for DRC, others at Novosibirsk facility