Abuja, April 28, 2019 Veragold Amazons Football Club on Sunday defeated Capital City Doves FC 2-1 to win the 2019 FCT Women’s FA Cup competition.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the match played at the Area 3 football pitch saw Veragold Amazons dominating the game.
Veragold Amazons made their intention known as early as the 16th minute when Tina Oge scored with a long-range free kick to record the first goal.
Sylvester Gloria doubled the lead in the 36th minute.
Joy Ifunanya of Capital City Doves cut the deficit in the 40th minute
Capital City Doves players fought hard but failed to draw level before the end of the first half.
However, both Abuja-based clubsides fought harder in the second half to score, but they could not convert their chances into goals.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the scoreline stayed at 2-1 at the end of the game.
Speaking after the match, the coach of Capital City Doves FC, Gloria Adana, said she was happy to have her in the final match even though they lost the match.
“It is unfortunate that we could not regain the title we won in 2017.
” But our opponent were not better than my players, because they did not put up any special performance. They only won the match by chance.
“Now we need to start preparations for the Aiteo Cup national competition immediately, because we are going to meet greater and better teams,” she said.
On her part, the coach of Veragold Amazons, Bilikis Tijani, said she was happy to win the final match.
“This our first appearance in the FCT FA Cup. I’m happy that we achieved our target, which was to win in the final.
“My players did a very good job by making me and the management of the club proud. Now we need to focus on the national competition.
“Our next target is to play in the final match at the national level,” she said.
NNN reports that only four clubs participated in the 2019 FCT Women’s FA Cup competition.
The other two clubs are Beautiful Tour Angels and Blessed Unity Angels FC.
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst
- NCWD donates 100 laptops to deaf women, female artisans