The Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdul-mumini Kabir, says the Katsina Emirate Council has established a 50-man Emergency Response Committee to assist victims of emergency situations in the state.
Kabir disclosed this during an interactive session with members of the Correspondents Chapel, Katsina Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), on Monday in Katsina.
“The 50 persons were drawn from different associations and organisations that will provide direct assistance to victims of unforeseen events.
“I have directed some of my councillors to immediately renovate the headquarters of Jama’atu Nasril Islam in Katsina that will serve as the headquarters of the committee.
“The committee will handle the victims of banditry, cattle rustling and armed robbery attacks that had been displaced from their towns, villages and hamlets.
“The committee will also provide assistance to victims of outbreak of diseases like measles, Cerebro Spinal Meningitis (CSM),” he said.
The first class traditional ruler also revealed that the emirate council had directed the officials of the NUJ to forward the names of four journalists that would serve as members on the committee.
NAN reports that residents of the emirate had been facing serious insecurity challenges that force the emirate council to establish the committee that will assist victims after the calamity.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students