Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, will deliver University of Osun 8th convocation lecture slated for Sept. 21, Prof. Laboode Popoola, the Vice Chancellor of the University has said.
Speaking with newsmen on Saturday in Osogbo, Popoola said Osinbajo would speak on the topic ” Six Decades of Chequred Nationhood: Nigeria still holds the key to Africa’s development.“
“The Vice President has agreed to deliver our convocation lecture and we are eager to receive him,” the Vice -Chancellor said.
Popoola also said that a former governor of the state and now the Interior Minister, Rauf Aregbesola and other three eminent Nigerians would also be awarded with honorary degrees during the convocation.
He also said that 1,814 would be awarded with various degrees during the convocation.
The vice-chancellor said out of the figure, 49 students bagged first class, while 670 students made second class upper and 892 graduated with second class lower.
Poopola added that 194 made third class, while nine students would be awarded with pass degree.
The Vice-Chancellor said every student admitted into the institution must plant a tree on the day of his or her matriculation ceremony and nurture the same till the day of convocation.
Popoola said this was part of efforts to protect the nature and the school environment.
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC