to September 2024.
Bah succeeds Dr Iyi Uwadiae, immediate past Registrar to council from Nigeria, whose tenure ended on Sept. 30.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Uwadiae became registrar to council in 2012 and served his mandatory five-year tenure which was eventually extended by council for two more years.
The new WAEC registrar is a graduate of Pune University, Maharashtra, India from where he obtained a Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1997.
He also holds various postgraduate and professional qualifications from other institutions in India and the UK.
According to the statement, Bah worked briefly with the Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports and Culture, Banjul, the Gambia from 1990 to 1991 before joining the service of WAEC at its Gambia National Office on October 9, 1991.
- “His appointment to the position of the 13th Registrar was ratified by the Council – the International Governing Board of WAEC – at its 67th annual meeting held in Freetown, Sierra Leone in March 2019.
“Bah has made appreciable contribution to the development of education. He was a member of the Governing Boards of the Gambia Technical Training Institute and the Gambia National Accreditation and Quality Assurance Authority.
“He has served as Chairman, Audit Committee of the International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA) and also currently the treasurer of the Association for Educational Assessment in Africa (AEAA). (NAN)
Edited by Wale Ojetimi
- NGO inaugurates drugs, substance abuse-free clubs in 15 schools in Kaduna
- One dies, 3 injured in Ogun accident
- PDP BoT sets up committee over members’ concerns in Edo, Kano, Lagos, others
- Federation President seeks private companies’ sponsorship for boxing
- Group wants INEC to prosecute perpetrators of electoral violence in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Morocco, Singapore discuss boosting bilateral cooperation
- NGO to assist IDPs in Kwara, others
- Alleged P&ID scam: Court fixes Nov.27 for hearing in Briton’s plea for bail variation
- Iran still largely restricting internet access after fuel protests
- Trump wants impeachment trial in Senate with Bidens, whistleblower testifying – Spokesman
- Corps member gives free medical service in Niger camp
- GDP grew by 2.28% in 3rd quarter of 2019
- Man, 32, in court for allegedly stealing car scraps worth N58,000
- Yemeni PM hails Russia’s positive role in UN Security Council
- Handle antibiotics with care, Pharmacists warn Nigerians
- Obaseki swears in Edigin as 7th Edo Chief Judge
- Expert seeks more govt support for real sector
- Appeal Court affirms Tambuwal’s election
- Court remands teenager over alleged house-breaking, stealing
- Woman in court for allegedly hacking phone, stealing N2.5m
- Turkey’s invasion of Syria enabled hundreds of IS militants to escape – Russian official
- Yahoo founder warns of tech divide returning world to ‘dark age’
- Indonesian city hands out baby chicks to keep pupils busy, off smartphones
- Trump insists on ceasefire as precondition for Afghan peace talks
- South African Airways signs wage deal with non-striking union
- Para-athletes plead with Enugu Govt. for equipment, monthly allowance
- Sri Lanka’s newly elected president swears in 15-member cabinet
- Humble Mourinho vows to bring success to Spurs
- Traditional medicine practitioner urges research into African herbs, roots
- Oil holds near two-month high on OPEC+ extension expectations
- Poland picks new constitutional judges amid row over judiciary
- Enugu State: FRSC warns motorists against traffic offences
- 7 men docked for allegedly parading in military uniforms
- Barber allegedly burgles church mission house
- Enugu: LG Council pays hospital bills of over 60 indigent residents
- Labourer in court over allegedly assaulting colleague with shovel
- Xi says Beijing actively working on trade deal with U.S.
- Turkey detains 46 following online criticism of Syria offensive
- Agent in court for allegedly defrauding customer of N1.5m
- Turkey orders detention of 138 suspects over coup bid
- UNESCO affirms commitment to violence-free school policies
- Businessman appears in court for alleged N870,000 fraud
- Association applauds Gov. Abiodun’s efforts in education sector
- Insurance agent in court over alleged theft of clients’ premium worth N1.2m
- Nasarawa State: LGSC warns LG chairmen against unauthorised employment
- Man in court for giving false information to police
- Association raises alarm on inefficiency of antibiotics due to abuse
- Finance Bill 2019: NECA expressed concern at passage
- Mongolia appoints new central bank governor
- Buhari approves re-appointment of NIMC boss for second term