“The State Government is seriously committed to ensuring that all children in the state are properly educated.
“We will do everything humanly possible to take education to the doorsteps of the people of the state,’’ he said.
The Governor also promised that his administration would continue to provide the needed infrastructure in schools to re-position the sector.
“Funds expended on education by both government and parents are not a waste, as education is the lifewire for the meaningful socio-economic well-being of any nation or society,’’ he said.
He said everything possible would be done to fund the sector properly, noting that education facilitated the production of professionals to man the various sectors of the economy.
Sule also reaffirmed government’s commitment to the provision of conducive environment for learning in all the educational institutions in the state.
He commended the efforts of the Turkish Government and the leadership of the University which he said were boosting educational development in the area.
Earlier, the Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. Osman Nuri, said they were at the Governor’s office to highlight the University’s programmes and to collaborate with the government in enhancing the educational sector.
Nuri said the University was established in 2009 and was now running 500 Post Graduate, Undergraduate and Certificate Programmes in the Faculties of Natural and Applied science, Art and Social Science, Management Science as well as Engineering.
Edited by Modupe Adeloye and Abdullahi Yusuf
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy
- Obaseki felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- Anglican Bishop counsels Nigeria leaders on good governance
- Ex-Minister, Tam David-West dies at 83
- Don wants students examine on use of standard English