The third set of young Nigerians for the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship (KIF) were unveiled on Wednesday by Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai in Kaduna.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the fellowship was initiated by the Kaduna State Government to groom young Nigerians in leadership and other facets of life.
El-Rufai said while unveiling the 16 fellows that the aim was to raise a pool of detrabilised, intalectually curious and patriotic Nigerians that will contribute to public leadership across the country.
He added that the programme was a deliberate investment in building capacities among youths, as future leaders.
According to him, the sustained mentorship is an effective path to raising future leaders and public servants.
El-Rufai, however, said that the plan to raise the number of Fellows from 16 to 24, was not possible due to disruptions unleashed by Coronavirus pandemic.
He stressed that the state government values young people and have given them responsibilities to deliver progressive outcomes for the people.
“The second set of fellows resumed in August 2019 and have lived up to the hopes that inspired the fellowship.
“A significant chunk of their program time has unfortunately fallen within the uncertainties created by Covid-19. But they have adopted magnificently,” he noted.
El-Rufai expressed gratitude to the pioneer and current members of the governing board of the KIF for lending their time and resources to support goverment in nurturing future leaders of the country.
He also aknowledged the hard work of the steering committee comprising government officials who did the preliminary work in the selection process.
Edited By: Maharazu Ahmed (NAN)
- Edo Election: Ize-Iyamu takes campaigns to Etsako West, Central
- CAMA ‘ll create conducive environment for private businesses to thrive- ICSAN
- Flooding: NEMA cautions Zamfara residents against building on waterways
- Buhari inaugurates PMF training college in Nasarawa, says more to come
- Youth Congress passes vote of confidence in Sports Minister
- COVID-19: Religious body donates preventive items to Nigerian Correctional Service
- Ondo election: Accord Party collapses structure for Jegede
- Kano Court sentences man to death by stoning for rape
- Alleged fraud: Reps C’ttee to fix date to investigate three NGOs
- FG inaugurates committee for localisation of humanitarian responses