Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has reassured his administration’s commitment to rehabilitate the dilapidated access road to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) permanent orientation camp in Karaye Local Government Area of the state.
Ganduje, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, made the commitment when he received on a courtesy visit, members of the NYSC National Governing Board, on Wednesday in Kano.
The governor added that the administration remained committed in supporting the scheme to meet its objective of being a major tool for national unity and development.
Ganduje said that the government was working asidiously in providing all necessary support and logistics to the scheme, as well as address other challenges at the permanent orientation camp.
Earlier in her speech, a member of the board who led the delegation, Hajiya Bintu Muazu said they were in Kano to assess the facilities in the orientation camp.
The team leader appealed to the state government to expedite action in rehabilitating the access road to the camp, to ease the movement of Corps members.
Edited by Maharazu Ahmed
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union
- Review: Sean Tizzle’s single ‘Contagious’, not enough for a hit record
- Katsina state govt. pays N208m WAEC fees for 21,589 candidates–Commissioner
- Opadokun, NADECO leader, seeks more libraries to boost reading culture
- Review: Teni Apata’s music, personality evolution draws mixed feelings
- Ministry of power seeks collaboration with agencies for improved power supply
- Kano State targets 3.8m children for meningitis vaccination
- Focus, Funding, keys to having to a great musical career- Toby
- Institute tasks FG on tourism, hospitality sector
- Boxing: NIDCOM boss, Dabiri-Erewa applauds Joshua’s victory over Ruiz Jr.
- Christmas: We are capable of meeting demands- Nasarawa Rice Millers
- Cleric urges Christians to live exemplary lives
- Nutrition Survey will lead to improved quality healthcare – Experts
- RIFAN urges FG to sustain border closure
- Fireboy DML debuts best album to close 2019
- Style Review: the return of pleated skirts
- National Public Safety Security System: Police Affairs Ministry sets up committee for smooth take-off
- Expert urges FG to sensitise Nigerians on $29.96bn foreign loan