Daura (Katsina), March 10, 2019 President Muhammadu Buhari says his administration has broken the fertilizer jinx and the product is now available in all local governments across the country at affordable rates.
The president said this on Sunday when he received representatives of community and development associations from Daura Emirate at his private residence in Daura, Katsina State, who came to congratulate him on his re-election.
According to him, Nigerians are already benefiting from the good agricultural policies of the Federal Government, saying that lifestyles are changing and standards of living among the poor are rising.
He said ‘‘Nigerians are already benefiting from the good agricultural policies of this administration, lifestyles are changing and standards of living among the poor are rising.
“Investments in agriculture will be sustained. In the last three and a half years, the contributions of agriculture to GDP have been impressive, in addition to earnings from food exports.
“We have broken the fertilizer jinx and the product is today available in all local governments at low prices. More measures are in the offing to transform the lives of millions of Nigerians across the country.”
The president pledged to introduce new programmes and projects that would make agriculture more attractive to Nigerians and increase jobs in the sector.
Speaking at the event, retired AIG Sani Daura said the president’s honesty and integrity in public governance would remain a thing of pride to the community, adding that those attributes, among others, guaranteed his re-election.
A youth representative, Alhaji Mohammed Sale, while commending the Federal Government for establishing an irrigation scheme, skills acquisition centre and completing a sub-station to boost electricity in the community, appealed for a new Federal Medical Centre and a university in Daura.
‘‘The youths are ready to participate actively in the next level of your government,’’ Sale told the president.
The president, who was represented at the fete by his senior aides and family members, joined the local community to some traditional singing, dancing and exchange of gifts.
- NIDCOM boss applauds Nigerian martial artist, Usman for retaining UFC title
- Sokoto Govt. disburses N6.5m for free treatment of needy patients
- NNPC declares N5.20b trading surplus in August
- Don tasks Journalists on strict adherence to ethics
- IPCR wins 2019 Human Rights Award
- AC Milan do everything but score in extraordinary 0-0 draw
- Why Bank of Agriculture is still in distress-Minister
- Restrictions of Keke Napep, most difficult decision -FCT minister
- Wolfsburg stun Gladbach with stoppage-time winner
- Brace for record-setting Ronaldo as Juventus beat Udinese
- 2019/2020 NPFL Match Day 8 Results
- Cleric cautions against taking God’s blessings for granted
- Border closure not breaching free trade agreement, FG says
- Expert wants establishment of mini grid system to address power supply challenges
- ¬ Ondo Assembly condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Cleric tasks churches on security measures to check attacks
- Greater Lagos 2020 festival begins Dec. 25 – LASG
- Klopp says VAR has changed his touchline behaviour
- Patronise our national parks during the Yuletide — Conservator-General urges
- Osaka picks Belgian Fissette as new coach
- Buhari rejoices with ex-Gov. Ajimobi at 70
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness