Abiodun said this during a town hall meeting held in Ilaro, in the Yewa -South council area of the Ogun-West Senatorial District of the state.
The meeting was held to take input from people of the area ahead of the preparation of the 2020 budget.
A similar meeting was recently held in Ijebu -Ode to seek the opinions of the people of the Ogun-East Senatorial District.
The governor said that it was important to embark on road infrastructure if more investments were expected in the state.
He explained that Ogun-West senatorial district remained the industrial hub of the state, hence, the need to ensure that road networks in the axis were of good quality.
“If indeed we want to be serious about bringing investments into our dear state , if we indeed want to support the senatorial district, we must do something about the quality of the road infrastructure.
” If we want this senatorial district to continue to be the leading senatorial district in this country in terms of industrialisation, we must do something about the quality of the road infrastructure so as to continue to attract more investment to the area.
“We will ensure that we include the roads in our budget and ensure that critical roads are given quick attention.
“It is a self-evident truth that without this senatorial district, we can not be Gateway state. I therefore consider this district as a priority,” he said
The governor promised that comments, recommendations and proposals of the people raised at the meeting would be carefully considered in the preparation of the 2020 budget
Many stakeholders who spoke at the meeting had described road infrastructure as the major need of the area.
They complained that most of the roads in the area were in deplorable condition. (NAN)
Edited by Oluwole Sogunle
- Lightning strikes kill 27 in Pakistan
- Refugees commission partners with Rochas foundation to build schools in IDPs camps
- Nigerian artist, Njideka Akunyili-Crosby makes 2019 Time’s ‘100 Next’ list
- Police assure of adequate security ahead of Bayelsa poll
- Israel resumes strikes on Gaza
- WHO supports Nigeria’s legislative network to achieve UHC
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu