A statement issued on Wednesday in Ilorin by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye, quoted Abdulrazaq as saying this when he received members of Ilorin Durbar Committee in his office on Tuesday night.
He said preparations for the Durbar and other such festivals would be captured in subsequent budgets instead of ad-hoc arrangements for such events.
“Ilorin Durbar has come to stay; our administration will treat it as a tourist attraction for the state.
” We will institutionalise it.
“From next year, preparations for it would be captured in the budget and organisers and the affected ministry will have to go through the traditional budget defence at the House of Assembly,” Ajakaye quoted AbdulRazaq as saying.
The governor said the Durbar would be placed on the global map of tourist attractions like the Esie Museum, Pategi Regatta, and Gani Festival.
He assured the committee of his full support for this year’s event, including releasing the horses in the Government House for the colourful event.
Mr Suleiman Yahya Alapansapa, the Chairman of the Durbar Committee, said they had come to brief the governor on the activities of the committee.
“As a son of the soil and the son of Mutawallin Ilorin, AGF Abdul Razaq SAN, we want you to drive the process so that we can put the Ilorin Durbar on the global map,” Alapansapa, according to the statement, said
He urged the governor to also invite his friends from within and outside the state to attend the event.
Alapansapa, was accompanied to the Government House by other members of the committee and top Muslim clerics, said Kwarans were happy at the style and attitude of Abdulrazaq to governance.
The committee later presented the governor with gifts from the Durbar archives.
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections