President Muhammadu Buhari, has promised taking 100 million Nigerians from poverty to prosperity in the next 10 years.
Buhari disclosed this in his opening speech at the inaugural June 12, Democracy Day celebration on Wednesday in Abuja.
The President said that his administration would ensure rapid and positive growth in the economy to move Nigeria away from poverty.
“Our Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is expected to grow by 2.7 per cent this year.
“Our external reserve have risen to 45 billion dollars enough to finance over nine months of current equal commitments.
“This administration has laid a foundation of taking bold steps in transforming our country and delivering our people from shackles of poverty.
“First we will take steps in integrating the rural economy to national economic grade by extending access to input to rural farmers as well as credit to rural micro businesses and opening up many critical feeder roads.
“Secondly, all small scale enterprises in towns and cities would share facilities currently available so that we can continue to encourage and support domestic production of basic goods to improve our lives,’’ he said.
The president added that in the next four years his administration would remain positive to improve the lives of people by consolidating on efforts to address many issues.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business