Western Naval Command, NAVTRAC decorate newly promoted officers in Lagos
The Nigerian Navy have decorated 19 newly promoted officers of the Western Naval Command (WNC) and the Naval Training Command (NAVTRAC) in Lagos.
decorated the newly promoted officers in their respective Commands.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that 12 officers of WNC were decorated by the Flag Officer Commanding (FOC), Rear Adm. Oladele Daji, while seven officers of NAVTRAC were also decorated by the FOC, Rear Admiral Stanford Enoch, on Friday.
Daji urged the newly promoted senior officers to take their new responsibility seriously, as new position demanded higher responsibility.
“I want to encourage the newly promoted senior officers that this is a call to higher responsibility based on the trust and confidence that the Nigerian Navy and indeed the nation has put on you.
“You should not take it for granted, you were the few promoted among the many and let me also state that those that didn’t benefit from the promotion this year, it is not that you didn’t qualify.
“As you know the officers call is a pyramid and that pyramid has to be maintained and therefore I pray and believe that if you do not lose hope, next year is just around the corner.
“You will be duly remembered,” he aid.
He urged them to exercise effective oversight in their new position.
NAN reports that some of the newly promoted officers to the rank of Captain in WNC are Gideon Kachim, Danjuma Ndanusa, Haruna Zego, Paul Efe-Oghene and Abdullahi Mohammed.
Those promoted to the rank of Commander are Olusegun Awofe, Kelechi Ogbonna, Cdr. Adamu Mohammed.
Those in the Lieutenant Commander cadre are: Yayah Sado, Mohammed Lawal, Abubakar Maigado and Atari Affi.
Also speaking during the ceremony, Enoch, FOC NAVTRAC, urged the newly promoted seven officers in his command to remain diligent.
“Please, remember that every privilege has a concurrent responsibility.
“You do show diligence and make sure that your elevation to this higher rank and responsibility contributes the very best to move the NAVTRAC.
“And indeed the Nigeria Navy forward in ensuring national security and protecting the maritime border of our nation,” he said.
The FOC NAVTRAC enjoined spouses of the newly promoted officers on continued support, saying that the Command could not afford to do less in training personnel.
The officers promoted to the rank of Commodore in NAVTRAC are Usman Gombe, Olutola Olukoya, Ibrahim Mohammed, Stephen Ibrahim, Usman Faruk.
Also, Yayah Mohammed was promoted to the rank of captain while Edward Iyaji was promoted to the rank of commander.
The event was attended by families of the promoted officers and other dignitaries.
Edited by Wale Ojetimi
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union
- Review: Sean Tizzle’s single ‘Contagious’, not enough for a hit record
- Katsina state govt. pays N208m WAEC fees for 21,589 candidates–Commissioner
- Opadokun, NADECO leader, seeks more libraries to boost reading culture
- Review: Teni Apata’s music, personality evolution draws mixed feelings
- Ministry of power seeks collaboration with agencies for improved power supply
- Kano State targets 3.8m children for meningitis vaccination
- Focus, Funding, keys to having to a great musical career- Toby
- Institute tasks FG on tourism, hospitality sector
- Boxing: NIDCOM boss, Dabiri-Erewa applauds Joshua’s victory over Ruiz Jr.
- Christmas: We are capable of meeting demands- Nasarawa Rice Millers
- Cleric urges Christians to live exemplary lives
- Nutrition Survey will lead to improved quality healthcare – Experts
- RIFAN urges FG to sustain border closure
- Fireboy DML debuts best album to close 2019
- Style Review: the return of pleated skirts
- National Public Safety Security System: Police Affairs Ministry sets up committee for smooth take-off
- Expert urges FG to sensitise Nigerians on $29.96bn foreign loan