The World Health Organisation (WHO) says its experts will travel to China to work together with their Chinese counterparts to prepare scientific plans for identifying the zoonotic source of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
WHO, in a statement posted on its website, said the experts would develop the scope and Term of Reference (TOR) for a WHO-led international mission.
“Identifying the origin of emerging viral disease has proven complex in past epidemics in different countries.
“A well planned series of scientific researches will advance the understanding of animal reservoirs and the route of transmission to humans.
“The process is an evolving endeavour which may lead to further international scientific research and collaboration globally,’’ it said.
Edited By: Muhammad Suleiman Tola (NAN)
- Film contents registration: LSFVCB alleys stakeholders’s fears
- Nigerian traders in Ghana decry closure of their shops by Ghanaian authorities
- Umuezuo community in Imo seeks status of autonomous community
- Flick’s ‘brutal domination’ makes Bayern new favourites
- FCTA demolishes 134 houses in Apo Akpmajenya indigenous community
- Kwara Commissioner urges students to adopt Physiotherapy as career
- Hundreds of sea lions to be killed in effort to save endangered fish
- ‘Historic humiliation’: Spanish media flay Barca after Bayern debacle
- Bayern Munich’s massacre: Ebonyi soccer fans view Messi, Barcelona’s end
- Kwara Commissioner rewards ad hoc staff for commitment to duty