The Chairman, Ekiti Board for Technical and Vocational Education, Hon. Kayode Babade, says technical colleges across the state are being repositioned in order to boost vocational skills.
Babade, who stated this when he visited some media organisations in the state on Tuesday, stressed the need for government to revive the technical colleges from its moribund state.
He said that the board was ready to partner with the media to promote vocations that would create employment rather than the recourse to white collar jobs .
Babade, who led other members of the board on the advocacy visit, said that the vision of Gov. Kayode Fayemi was to bring back the glory of technical education and make the state a role model.
“In view of this, I want to urge the media organisations to partner with the board so that our people back home will be more educated and enlightened.
“The world over is today surrounded by technical education expertise, any nation that is lagging behind in this respect is dead and we want people at home to understand that, today, you are a better person when you can use your hands and brain,”he said.
Babade said that the board had been saddled with the responsibility of upgrading the standard of technical colleges in the state to a world class status.
“Fayemi is determined to revitalise the colleges to ensure that youths are fully engaged to use their brain and hands so that they can also be self employed and also be employers of labour, instead of our youths to graduate and start doing Okada or Yahoo.
“I want to appeal to our youths to from today imbibe technical and technological education.
” Currently, the technical college in Ado-Ekiti has received massive renovation and is set as the model for other four colleges situated at Otun, Ikole, Ijero and Igbara-Odo.
“Technical education is not a place for drop outs, but where even existing artisans, retirees, and everyone, who intends to upgrade their skills and all the science courses are offered,” he said.
On the board’s team which visited media houses such as Nigeria Television Authority and some state-owned broadcast outfits were the Executive Secretary, Dr Folu Ayeleso.
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS
- Christmas Carol: Naval officers,NOWA pray for Nigeria, leadership, Armed Forces
- Anambra Sports Development Commission tasks public on regular exercise
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- Gov. Abiodun appoints Chokor Head of Service
- NTIC students donate Christmas gifts to sick children at LASUTH
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law