Alhaji Rabiu Dangabi, former chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in Jigawa, says he joined the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) because of the good work of Gov. Muhammad Badaru.
He disclosed this in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency in Dutse on Wednesday.
Dangabi, also a former lawmaker at the state House of Assembly, said he did not join the party for political appointment.
“There was nothing like negotiation between me and anybody that if I defect to APC, I will be given political appointment or any of us that defected will be given appointment.
“I wonder why people are insinuating that we came because we were promised to be given political appointments.
“What the people are saying is far from the truth, we decided to abandon the PDP because of the good work of Gov. Muhammadu Badaru and President Muhamdau Buhari.
“We believe in APC manifestoes that is why we left our party, PDP and joined the APC,” he said.(NAN)
Edited by Ali Baba-Inuwa
- Condolences: Ekiti Assembly describes Fakiyesi, former lawmaker as an epitome of humility, openness
- ExxonMobil Nigeria gets new chief executive
- Cleric tasks religious leaders on establishing youth skills centres
- Banditry: NASS lauds army operations in North West
- Cricket: 150 participants expected at beginners course for umpires, scorers
- Nasarawa bye-election: Voters use face masks, observe social distancing, laud process
- Enugu govt urges proper exclusive breastfeeding habit
- Lawyer advocates attitudinal change toward local products
- Youths protest incessant killings in southern Kaduna
- Hit and run driver kills man in Ibadan — OYRTMA boss