The Presidency on Monday in Abuja expressed delight at the withdrawal of one of four petitions challenging the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari in the February 2019 election.
Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, in a statement, commended the Coalition for Change (C4C), following the withdrawal of its petition against the February 2019 Buhari’s electoral victory.
The Coalition had through its lawyer, at the resumed hearing before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on Monday, announced the withdrawal of the petition.
The presidential aide said: ”This is a sign of true patriotism.
”The challenges facing our nation are huge and we need all hands on deck.
”The people of Nigeria have chosen President Buhari to lead them, and all stakeholders should deploy their energy towards supporting his efforts.”
Edited by Felix Ajide
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons
- Britain will not name EU commissioner ahead of election – Official
- Why projects are abandoned — Don