Nigerian international music superstars Wizkid and Tuface Idibia, popularly called 2baba, alongside other African artistes are set to hit Dubai with the best of Afro-music at One Africa Music Fest.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the music fiesta is slated to hold on Nov. 15 at the Festival Arena, Dubai Festival City.
Other stars listed to perform at the show include ace singer Tiwa Savage, popularly known as ‘African Rhihana’,Tekno, Burna Boy, Zlatan, Kcee and fast-rising female singer Teni.
The artistes mix include Tanzanian singers , Vanessa Mdee and Diamond Platnumz, Souhila Lachhab from Algeria, Ugandan singer, Eddy Kenz, Nhatty Man and LiJ Michael, both from Ethiopia.
Nigerian sensational singer and actor, Banky-W will host the event, with Zimbabwean ace singer Jah Prayzah and Rwandan singer /song writer Benjamin Mugisha, popularly known by his stage name, ‘The Ben’, expected to also perform.
The event is organised by payment processing company, Interswitch, Air Peace and GTB, among other sponsors.
According to the organisers, the One Africa Music Fest, now its second edition, is a platform to showcase Africa’s best and brightest talents to position the continent within the entertainment industry on a global level.
The event is meant to promote African music, create awareness, stimulate demand, develop audiences and promote sustainability for African music globally.
It is also aimed at securing collaborations between African music artists, businesses and communities, among other social connections.(NAN)
Edited by Ifeyinwa Omowole
- Ebonyi NOA, UNICEF move to raise awareness on safe practices for healthy living
- 2019 INAC: Ogun woos visitors to explore tourism assets
- Centre trains Armory managers from 15 countries to curtail arms proliferation
- Gridlock: Lagos Assembly asks Sanwo-Olu to focus on scheduled maintenance
- KDSG urges religious leaders to spread messages of peace
- Lagos House of Assembly approves N250bn loan for capital projects
- AFRIMA- Stakeholders urge artistes to utilise digital platforms for distribution
- Artist drums up support for the Art sector
- Experts call for private sector participation in health security
- Ogun govt. advocates modern teaching techniques for special schools
- A.Y partners Chinese firm to produce new movie `30 days’
- NAN Acting MD tasks staff on commitment “in spite of financial challenges”
- Plateau: NPC launches 2018 NDHS report
- Chris Brown welcomes second child with girlfriend
- ENSG targets 1m children in immunisation plus days
- Resign, aggrieved APC NEC members tell Oshiomhole
- INAC 2019: Culture agency provides free skills training
- Friendly environment: Minister urges public-private sector collaboration
- Why God’s ways remain unpredictable, incomprehensible – Don
- Air Chief pleased with maintenance progress on Alpha Jets In NAF Base
- EU tasks AU on solidarity, unity for AfCFTA to succeed
- Town Hall meeting stakeholders advocate interface reps
- Webber donates N9m sports facilities to alma mater
- Lawmaker lays foundation for block of six classrooms in Badagry
- Kwara Govt. tasks new NURTW executives on peace, unity
- Customs Comptroller-General to sack officers living above earnings
- NIS begins E-passport, biometric visa issuance in Japan
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court