Woman, 32, docked for alleged breach of peace
A 32-year-old woman, Folake Ajanaku, is standing trial in an Ota Magistrates ‘ Court, Ogun, for allegedly obstructing a police officer on duty from performing his duties.
Ajanaku, who lives at No. 6 Shodiya St., Iyana-Ilogbo, was docked on a count charge of breach of peace.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Chudu Gbesi, told the court that the accused committed the offence on Feb. 25 at Ewu Ajase, Itele, Ota.
Gbesi alleged that the accused conducted himself in a manner likely to cause breach of peace by obstructing a police officer, Insp Olutan Gabriel from performing his lawful duty.
He told the court that the accused allegedly pushed the police inspector while on lawful duty.
He said that the offence contravened Section 356(2) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ogun, 2006.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The magistrate, Mr S. S. Shotayo, granted the accused bail in the sum of N250,000, with a surety in like sum and adjourned the case until March 5, for further hearing. (NNN)
Edited by Kevin Okunzuwa/Obike Ukoh
- Cleric in court for alleged trespass
- Australia battling bushfires, bracing for hot weather, strong wind
- Court remands woman for allegedly abandoning 5-day-old baby
- Zambian president’s ex-spokesperson arrested over corruption
- Yuletide: FRSC advises motorists not to be distracted by family problems
- Appeal court dismisses Ogboru’s suit against Okowa’s election
- 2 die, 17 vehicles burnt in Sango-Ota tanker accident
- Kano custodial centre nabs suspected female drug trafficker
- Pakistan police investigate paedophile’s links to global network
- Police arraign man for allegedly stealing 1,692 cartons of engine oil
- Group urges Kaduna Govt. to strengthen nutrition delivery system
- Niger LG polls: Police ready to provide security
- Kogi Poll: Court adjourns suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility till Nov. 21
- IGP urges newly deployed CPs to partner stakeholders
- Appeal court affirms Okowa’s election as Delta governor
- Publisher in court over alleged N4m fraud
- Political parties in Chile agree on path to new constitution
- Why hike in cooking gas price may persist – Marketers
- Kogi Poll: Court begins hearing on suit challenging Gov. Yahaya Bello’s eligibility
- Nollywood: Filmmaker urges screenwriters to reshape African reality through stories