The police on Monday arraigned a 43- year- old woman, Temitope Ajayi, in an Iyaganku Magistrates’ Court for alleged impersonation and fraud.
The prosecutor, Insp Sunday Ojeleye, told the court that Ajayi impersonated an immigration consultant and was allegedly contracted by one Oluwole Adebayo to procure some travelling documents.
Ojeleye alleged that the defendant collected N1.3 million from Adebayo with the intent to procure a Dubai visa for her son and a USA visa for her husband.
He said Ajayi, however, failed to procure the visas nor returned the money back to the owner and rather converted the money to her own use.
The offences, he said, was committed sometime in 2018 and reported at Challenge police station by the complainant.
He added that the offences contravened Sections 390 (9), 419 and 484 of the Criminal Code Cap 38,Vol.II of Oyo State , 2000.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The Magistrate, Mrs Mercy Amole – Ajimoti granted the defendant bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum.
She adjourned case till July 25 for mention.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business