The National Orientation Agency (NOA) has commended the efforts of healthcare workers globally and especially in Nigeria for their steadfastness in the discharge of their noble duties in fighting Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The commendation was given by Mr Olusegun Adeyemi, the Kwara State Director of NOA, in a statement issued to commemorate the 2020 World Health Day.
He said they are in the assault against COVID-19 and we cannot but appreciate the courage and commitment of this special set of people.
Adeyemi noted that the theme of 2020 celebration “Support nurses and midwives” is apt and every stakeholder should do all that is necessary to make the work of healthcare professionals easier.
The NOA director further charged all and sundry to cooperate with government directives as we all deal with the scourge in the state and the country at large.
Edited By: Fela Fashoro/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Argentina sees record high COVID-19 cases amid economic uncertainty
- 90 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000-mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Commercial motorcyclists tested for COVID-19 in Rwanda
- Japanese police arrest suspect 10 months after deadly arson attack on Kyoto anime studio
- Trump accuses Twitter of interfering in U.S. elections
- Nigeria records 276 new COVID-19 cases, total now 8,344
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000 mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Angola’s central bank instructs major public bank to protect assets following fraud
- Tokyo stocks mixed in morning on economic revival hopes, profit-taking
- Internal border closures hurt Australian economy: PM
- G7 summit to be held in late June: White House
- Trump seeks full withdrawal from Afghanistan without setting date
- Sydney Film Festival launches online program
- Uganda approves return of citizens stranded abroad over COVID-19
- Kyoto animation studio arson suspect arrested on suspicion of murder
- COVID-19 cluster detected on Australian live animal export ship
- Suspect in deadly arson attack at Kyoto animation studio arrested
- Urgent: 5.0-magnitude quake hits 92km S of Ierapetra, Greece — USGS
- Foreign-owned firms support over 730,000 jobs in California