He disclosed this in Damaturu while flagging off the distribution of 100 tractors procured by the North East Commodity Associations (NECAs) to farmers.
Buni challenged the people, including civil servants, to engage in agriculture individually and through associations to benefit from the incentives provided by government and development partners.
“Mechanised farming makes agriculture more productive and profitable; government will support the scheme to boost it and improve the economy of the state.
“Government will continue to partner with NECAs and other organisations to improve agriculture and economy of the state, as reflected in my inauguration speech.”
Alhaji Sadiq Daware, National Chairman, NECAs, said that the programme, which provide mechanised farming equipment for the economic recovery of inhabitants of the North East ravaged by insurgency, was supported by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Daware, who was represented on the occasion by Alhaji Ahmed Dukku, National Secretary of the Association, said that youths and women constituted the 15,000 targeted beneficiaries for the 2019 cropping season.
According to him, every unit of the 100 tractors provides employment opportunities for six persons; “this means the scheme is generating 600 employment opportunities aside the farmers, who are the major beneficiaries.”
He said that 2,000 hectares of land would be cultivated under the scheme in the state.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA