Delivering judgment, Justice A. Jauro, held that he found him guilty of murder under Section 221 of the Penal Code.
Jauro held that the prosecution has proved its case beyond reasonable doubt that Hauwa was intentionally killed by the convict,
The judge ruled, ”by virtues of section 273 Criminal Procedural Code, when a person is sentenced to death, he be hanged by the neck to death.
“I therefore sentence you that Muhammed Adamu to die by hanging. May God have mercy on you”, said Jauro.
Speaking to newsmen after the judgment, defence counsel, Mr M. Dauda, said that he would carefully study the verdict and possibly file an appeal.
Also speaking to newsmen, the convict said:” I have been praying to God for the best judgment.
”I believe that it is the will of God for me and I believe this verdict is God’s choice. I whole heatedly accept it”.
NAN reports that on June 5, 2018, the Police in Yobe alleged that Adamu killed his girlfriend, Hauwa, on May 29, 2018, during an altercation.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- FEATURE: Governorship election: Checking violence, disruption in Kogi
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons
- Britain will not name EU commissioner ahead of election – Official