Mr Ebenezer Onyeagwu, the bank’s Group Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer, said on Wednesday in Lagos that the IVR solution was launched to ensure convenient service to customers.
Onyeagwu said the IVR solution would enable customers perform basic banking transactions by dialing a dedicated phone line through their registered phone numbers and following the prompts.
“By simply dialing +234 (1) 278 7000 from the phone number linked to their accounts and following the prompts, customers can pay bills, restrict their accounts or block their cards, request account statement via email, view the last five transactions, transfer funds, buy airtime, among others.
Onyeagwu urged the bank’s customers to take advantage of this unique service, particularly at this critical time when the physical interface with the Bank had been greatly impacted due to COVID-19 pandemic.
“Zenith Bank has clearly distinguished itself in the Nigerian financial services industry through superior service quality, unique customer experience and sound financial indices.
“The bank remains a clear leader in the digital space with several firsts in the deployment of innovative products, solutions and alternative channels that ensure convenience, speed and safety of transactions,” he added.
“As a testament to its excellent performance, commitment to best-in-class service and recognition as one of the most innovative financial institutions in Nigeria, Zenith Bank was ranked as the Best Digital Bank in Nigeria 2019 by Agusto and Co.
“The bank was also voted as the Best Commercial Bank in Nigeria 2019 by the World Finance and emerged as Bank of the Year and Best Bank in Retail Banking at the 2019 BusinessDay Banks and Other Financial Institutions (BOFI) Awards,” he said.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Salif Atojoko
- How creative industry can survive COVID-19–AMFEST convener
- AU organs call on African nations to be innovative, collaborative in fighting COVID-19
- 1st LD Writethru: 5.2-magnitude quake strikes off Japan’s Okinawa Prefecture
- Mongolia bars ex-president Enkhbayar from parliamentary elections
- World Bank provides $346m to strengthen resilience, livelihoods in Lake Chad region
- Bangladesh reports 1,541 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths
- Children have been traumatised by Philippines abusive drugs war, Human Rights Watch says
- Singapore stocks close 0.43 pct lower
- Kano Govt sets up 9 COVID-19 sample collection centres
- Ghana’s COVID-19 cases exceed 7,000
- Indonesia reports 686 new COVID-19 cases, 55 new deaths
- Expert advocates establishment of health bank
- Backgrounder: National security legislation in India
- Thailand reports 9 new imported COVID-19 cases: Thai health authorities
- FDI net inflows into Philippines reach 657 mln USD in January
- S.Korea’s childbirth posts double-digit fall in March
- Russian COVID-19 cases exceed 370,000
- Police rescue 2 abducted siblings in Ebonyi
- Indian stock exchange relaxes criteria for small companies to tap capital market amid COVID-19
- Philippines reports 380 new COVID-19 cases, total surging past 15,000