Nigerian musician, Omoniyi Raphael aka Zlatan, has been freed while Afeez Fashola aka Naira Marley is still being detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
News Agency of Nigeria reports that the ‘Zanku’ crooner and three others were released on Tuesday night.
Zlatan was released alongside his crew members, Tiamiu Abdulrahman Kayode, Adewunmi Adeyanju Moses and Abubakar Musa.
The 24-year-old Zlatan launched his career in 2017. He is best known for his hit song, “My Body” and the “Shaku Shaku” dance step.
He became famous in January 2019, after he featured on Davido’s song titled ‘bum bum’. He is also known for the ‘Zanku’ dance.
NAN reports that no official statement had been released by EFCC on reasons why Naira Marley was not released on bail at the time of this report.
The controversial singer, who was detained on May 10, repeatedly praised internet fraudsters, popularly called Yahoo boys, in his songs and on social media.
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls